Annapurna is an enormous 55 km. long Himalayan massif which highest point Annapurna I, a stunning peak stands at 8,091m. making the 10th highest mountain in the world. It is located east of Kali Gandaki Gorge cut through the Himalaya by the Kali Gandaki River which separates from the Dhaulagiri Massif. Its glaciers on western and northwestern slopes drain into this gorge. It became the first 8000m. peak to be successfully clmbed in 1950 by Maurice Herzog and Luis Lachenal of a French expedition.
The third ascent in 1970 by Don Whillans and Dougal Haston members of a British expedition led by Chris Bonington is considered a very important ascent as they climbed the south face of Annapurna taking the very diffuclt route of climbing left pillar of south wall. Since then many new routes have been climbed: second ascent of summit 8051(little bit east from main summit) made in 1981 by Maciej Berbeka and Boguslaw Probulski via right south pillar, Reinhold Messner's route from the north-west side(1985) and Kukuczka and Hajzer's route on east ridge of east summit of Annapurna(8010) on October 1988. It is notable that the team comprised of all women climbed the peak in 1978. The Annapurnas are considered the world's most dangerous mountains to climb due to the peaks prone to avalanches and the high rate of fatality.
58 Days Travel Itinerary
Day 1: Kathmandu (1310m/4298ft)
Our airport representative will be received you at the airport and transfer to Hotel. It is 7km and takes about 10 minutes. Overnight at hotel, B.B plan
Day 2: Kathmandu Valley Sight Seeing
After breakfast beautiful "Kathmandu Valley" sight seeing. This day we visit Shwoyambhunath Stupa, Baudhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple, Patan Durbar Square and Kathmandu Durbar Square. Overnight at hotel, B.B plan
Day 3: Stay at Kathmandu for the official procedure
Day 4: Drive to Beni.
Day 5: Trek to Tatopani.
Day 6: Trek to Ghasa.
Day 7: Trek to Lete.
Day 8: Trek to Thulo Bugin.
Day 9: Trek to Thulo Bugin Pass.
Day 10 Trek to Mristi Khola.
Day 11: Trek to Base camp.
Day 12/50: Climbing period.
Day 51: Trek to Thulo Bugin.
Day 52: Trek to Lete.
Day 53: Trek to Tatopani.
Day 54: Trek to Beni.
Day 55: Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 56: Kathmandu
Rest day at Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel. B.B Plan.
Day 57: Kathmandu
Rest day at Kathmandu. Surprise dinner party. Overnight at hotel. B.B Plan.
Day 58: Departure to Airport
Departure to airport for the onward destination.
- 5 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast (hotel 4 star Level)
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance & insurance for base camp staff ( sirdar, cook, kitchen boy and liaison officer )
- Food and fuel at the base camp
- All camping equipment at the base camp such as, member tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, chairs, tables.
- Trek support for climbing members from Beni - base camp - Beni
- Porters to carry loads from Beni - base camp - Beni
- Royalty and peak permit
- Airport arrival and departure
- Land transportation from Kathmandu – Beni - Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner at Kathmandu.
- High altitude climbing food, fuel, Gas above base camp
- Expedition personal climbing gears
- Personal accident insurance and emergency evacuation, Helicopter rescue
- Expedition cargo custom clearance
- Bar bills & beverage
- Personal Satellite phone with e-mail & internet permit
- Waki takies permit
- Extra expenses for personal
- Oxygen and Mask regulator for climbing
- Entrance fees during sight seeing.
- Laundry, telephone calls, Bar Bills ( Mineral Water, cold drinks, whisky, beer etc),