Baruntse is one of the beautiful 7162m snow peaks in the Himalayas of Nepal. Baruntse, a substantial and symmetrical snow peak , lies in the heart of Khumbu massif surrounded by some of the famous peaks of the world, Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Chamlang, Amadablam and Mera trekking peak. The peak is crowned by four summits on four ridges. It is also one of the few peaks of this height with a high rate of success of ascent on normal route via South Ridge.
The approach to the mountain follows the Mera Peak trek up to Mera La and then to Baruntse base camp (5,250m). The route is not technically demanding and essentially a straightforward climbing on snow and ice with some sections of overhangings. Normally, two high camps are established above the base camp in Baruntse climbing. The camp I is set up just below East Col. at an altitude of 5,700m and the camp II is on the South – East Ridge at a height of 6,420m.
38 Days Travel Itinerary
Day 1: Kathmandu (1310m/4298ft)
Our airport representative will be received you at the airport and transfer to Hotel. It is 7km and takes about 10 minutes. Overnight at hotel, B.B plan
Day 2: Kathmandu Valley Sight Seeing
After breakfast beautiful "Kathmandu Valley" sight seeing. This day we visit Shwoyambhunath Stupa, Baudhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple, Patan Durbar Square and Kathmandu Durbar Square. Overnight at hotel, B.B plan
Day 3: Stay at Kathmandu for the official procedure
Day 4: Fly to Lukla. Trek to Thukdingma
Day 5: Trek to Tsetre
Day 6: Trek to Thasing Dingma
Day 7: Trek to Thagnak.
Day 8: Trek to Khare Kharka.
Day 9: Trek to Pokhari Camp.
Day 10 Trek to Baruntse Base Camp.
Day 11/29: Climbing period.
Day 30: Retrace to Pokhari Camp.
Day 31: Trek to Mera Peak Base Camp.
Day 32: Trek to Thagnak
Day 33: Trek to Thasing Dingma.
Day 34: Trek to Chhatra Kharka.
Day 35: Trek to Lukla.
Day 36: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 37: Kathmandu
Rest day at Kathmandu. Surprise dinner party. Overnight at hotel. B.B Plan.
Day 38: Departure to Airport
Departure to airport for the onward destination.
- 5 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast (hotel 4 star Level)
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance & insurance for base camp staff ( sirdar, cook, kitchen boy and liaison officer )
- Food and fuel at the base camp
- All camping equipment at the base camp such as, member tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, chairs, tables.
- Trek support for climbing members from Lukla-base camp-Lukla.
- Porters to carry loads from Lukla-base camp-Lukla.
- Royalty and peak permit
- Airport arrival and departure
- Lunch and dinner at Kathmandu.
- High altitude climbing food, fuel, Gas above base camp
- Expedition personal climbing gears
- Personal accident insurance and emergency evacuation, Helicopter rescue
- Expedition cargo custom clearance
- Bar bills & beverage
- Personal Satellite phone with e-mail & internet permit
- Waki takies permit
- Extra expenses for personal
- Oxygen and Mask regulator for climbing
- Entrance fees during sight seeing.
- Laundry, telephone calls, Bar Bills ( Mineral Water, cold drinks, whisky, beer etc),