Makalu (8463m.) was first climbed by a French party in 1955. is the world's 5th highest mountain at 8,463m. Situated between Everest and Kanchanjunga, on the Nepali-Tibetan border. The peak was first mapped and photographed from the Tibetan side by the 1921 British Everest reconnaissance. It is an isolated peak, located just 14 miles east of Mount Everest. Makalu is a very beautiful but extremely challenging, and potentially dangerous mountain. Our expedition trip starts from Tumlingtar, just above the Arun River to Makalu Base Camp at approximately 5200 meters. We'll climb by way of Northwest Ridge. Our Sherpa team will fix ropes as required. We’ll be moving up and down the mountain quite a few times, Depending on our condition.
We start from Tumlingtar by flight above the Arun River then towards the beautiful Barun valley, which is the most infrequently visited valley, and finally set up at Makalu Base Camp at an altitude of 4,840m. We return back via the same path and take a panoramic flight to Kathmandu.
60 Days Travel Itinerary
Day 1: Kathmandu (1310m/4298ft)
Our airport representative will be received you at the airport and transfer to Hotel. It is 7km and takes about 10 minutes. Overnight at hotel, B.B plan
Day 2: Kathmandu Valley Sight Seeing
After breakfast beautiful "Kathmandu Valley" sight seeing. This day we visit Shwoyambhunath Stupa, Baudhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple, Patan Durbar Square and Kathmandu Durbar Square. Overnight at hotel, B.B plan
Day 3: Stay at Kathmandu for the official procedure
Day 4: Fly to Tumlingtar. Trek to Khadbari (1040m). Stay in lodge.
Day 5: Bhotebas (1730m). Overnight Stay in lodge / camp.
Day 6: Chichiara. Overnight Stay in lodge / camp.
Day 7: Num. Overnight Stay in lodge / camp.
Day 8: Kuwapani (1560m). Overnight Stay in lodge / camp.
Day 9/10: Tashi Goan (2100m). Acclimatization
Day 11 Kauma (3760m). Overnight Stay in camp.
Day 12: Dobato (3700m). Overnight Stay in camp.
Day 13: Nebe Kharka (4320m). Overnight in camp.
Day 14: Sherson (4630m). Overnight Stay in camp.
Day 15: Makalu base camp.
Day 16: High camp.
Day 17/49: Climbing Period Mt. Makalu.
Day 50: Cleaning up Base Camp.
Day 51: Yak Kharka.
Day 52: Mumbuk. Overnight Stay in lodge.
Day 53: Tashi Goan. Overnight Stay in lodge.
Day 54: Nun. Overnight Stay in lodge.
Day 55: Chichira. Overnight Stay in lodge.
Day 56: Khandbari. Overnight Stay in lodge.
Day 57: Tumlingtar and fly back to Kathmandu.
Day 58: Kathmandu
Rest day at Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel. B.B Plan.
Day 59: Kathmandu
Rest day at Kathmandu. Surprise dinner party. Overnight at hotel. B.B Plan.
Day 60: Departure to Airport
- 5 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast (hotel 4 star Level)
- All ground transfers as per our itinerary.
- Guided sightseeing around the world heritage sites of Kathmandu.
- Trekking Sherpa, Trekking Sirdar, High Altitude Cook, Kitchen Helpers, High altitude Porters, and their daily wages.
- All Custom Clearance Fees for your gears.
- Mount Makalu Expedition Royalty (USD 10,000.00 for a team up to 7 members). Liaison Officer Fee (USD 1500.00 Including all expenses, Airfares, food, insurance, and wages).
- National Park Permit Fees
- Experienced Climbing Sherpa with their equipment and allowance. (They will continue to the summit for your support).
- Three times meal a day till reaching Base Camp and after returning from Base Camp, prepared by our very professional kitchen crew.
- Transportation of all of your gear and our equipment, and foods to the Makalu Higher Base Camp (5600m).
- All the Camping & Kitchen Equipments
- Airfare: Kathmandu-Tumlingtar-Kathmandu.
- Cargo flight (Kathmandu-Tumlingtar-Kathmandu) for your equipment.
- Medical treatment (if necessary) for our crew.
- Lunch and dinner at Kathmandu.
- High altitude climbing food, fuel, Gas above base camp
- Expedition personal climbing gears
- Personal accident insurance and emergency evacuation, Helicopter rescue
- Expedition cargo custom clearance
- Bar bills & beverage.
- Personal Satellite phone with e-mail & internet permit
- Waki takies permit
- Extra expenses for personal
- Oxygen and Mask regulator for climbing
- Entrance fees during sight seeing.
- Laundry, telephone calls, Bar Bills ( Mineral Water, cold drinks, whisky, beer etc),